Interest Rate and Compound Interest Calculator / Solver.
Use this calculator to work out Annual Percentage Rates, or perform calculations relating to loans and interest rates.
(Requires Flash Player 7 or higher).
You can use this calculator / solver to:
1. Work out the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) from a monthly rate of interest, or vice versa. (You can use change the interest period from monthly to daily, weekly, quarterly or half-yearly).
2. Work out the factors in Compound Interest Loan calculations, based upon three of the known factors. Therefore, you need to enter three of the following values:
- Initial Value (i.e. the amount of money that is borrowed)
- Interest Rate
- The duration / length of the loan (in years)
- The total amount of money that is repaid (i.e. initial value + interest)
All results are rounded down to 4 decimal places, and this should be sufficient for most purposes. You can round this down further yourself (i.e. to 2 decimal places).
When enter 'part years' in the loan calculator (i.e. 7 years and 10 months), these need to be added as a fraction.
i.e. To work out 10 months as a decimal fraction, divide 10 by 12, and this gives the result 0.8 - therefore, enter 7.8 into the calculator. Any results calculated this way will also show the years and months underneath.
The figures projected by the calculator are only for guidance purposes - whilst we aim to ensure the accuracy of our calculators, we can take no responsibility for the usage made of the calculations generated on this site.
If you use this site regularly, please help us to keep it running.
Click here to find out why we need your support.
Are you retiring soon ?
If you have any private pension plans, you are under no obligation to accept an annuity offered by your current pension provider.
In many cases you may be able to secure up to 40% more income each year by shopping around.
Click here to begin your search for a better deal.